At the recent Strategy & Resources Committee meeting, held virtually on Tuesday 27th April, the following community grants were awarded:
- First Days Children’s £250 – to fund the set-up costs for a new school uniform ‘hub’ in Woodley
Friends of Woodford Park £250 – to purchase plants for the annual planting of the beds in the Memorial Ground
- Me2 Club £250 – to recruit and screen five new volunteers who can be matched to children in Woodley requiring support
- Promise Inclusion Ltd £250 – to help towards the costs of running a Youth Group at Addington School for young people with learning disabilities/autism
- Woodley Festival of Music £250 & Arts – to help towards the costs of running a virtual music and arts festival, providing young people in Woodley with the opportunity to perform and entertain
- South Lake Primary School £250 – to help towards the costs of purchasing new PTFA reading books for the school which reflect an improved level of diversity
- Individual – Holly Smith (Ballet) – £100 Towards the cost of new pointe and ballet shoes to ensure attendance at Tring Park School for the Performing Arts.