Helping local residents find support in the community
The Wokingham Borough Community Navigator Service is available for local borough residents to help find the correct local and national organisations and groups for support.
The free service provides additional non-medical help and support to give a better sense of well-being, social inclusion and independence.
Who is it for?
The service is available for anyone who is registered with a GP in the Wokingham Borough area looking for additional non-medical support. This could be sourcing information to find support to manage a health condition or looking for new social networks, sports or music clubs and groups in the local area, or new parents looking for parenting support and activities.
How it can help
- Improve general health and well-being
- Reduce feelings of isolation
- Meet others who share your experience
- Find local self-help groups, clubs and befriending agencies
- Volunteering your own skills and experience
- Help you to access social groups and parenting classes
- Direct you to support for housing, employment, benefits, debt and legal advice
- Get out and about more
- Learn new skills
- Get you involved in your local community.
How to access the service
The service is fully accessible and referrals can be made by a GP, nurse or other professional, as well as by an individual, friend or family member.
For further enquiries please call 01344 304404, email email@example.com or visit http://www.involve.community