Step 3 of lockdown lifting confirmed
Today, Monday 17 May 21, Step 3 of the roadmap out of lockdown will go ahead. The main changes are:
- People will be able to meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors
- Up to six people, or two households, will be able to meet indoors
- Domestic overnight stays will be allowed with people not in your household or bubble
- Pupils and students will no longer need to wear masks in the classroom or communal areas
- Pubs, restaurants, and other hospitality venues will be able to seat customers indoors
- Indoor entertainment such as cinemas and museums will be able to open
- Hotels, hostels and B&Bs will be able to reopen
- Adult indoor group sports and exercise classes will be able to restart
- Performances and sporting events in indoor and outdoor venues will be able to resume with capacity limits
- Up to 30 people will be able to attend significant life events such as wedding ceremonies, receptions, and christenings
- The legal limit on the numbers of mourners at funerals will be lifted, though legal limits will be set by venues based on capacity.
Visit the Government website for a full overview of how the rules will change on 17 May.
Woodley Town Council
Woodley Town Council offices remain closed. Waste bags can be collected from other local collection points. Please see HERE for where to collect and how to order.
The Oakwood Centre
The Oakwood Centre continues to take bookings in line with Covid 19 restrictions and rules. Please email: email@example.com for further information.
Brown Bag Cafe
Brown Bag Café opens today (17 May) and the public toilets in the Oakwood Centre will also be open during the café’s operating hours. Monday – Saturday: 08.00 – 17.00; Sunday: 09.00 – 16.00.