Wokingham Borough Council installs new vehicle chargers across the borough
Electric vehicle charge points are now available in 18 more locations thanks to a £173,500 contribution from the Office for Zero Emissions Vehicles (OZEV).
The Council has installed them in residential streets and car parks – and Flowbird, the supplier, is also helping towards the cost, to ensure there is no net expense to taxpayers.
They work on using Flowbird’s pay-as-you-go smartphone app, which is free and easy to use, and are available around the clock.
- Wokingham – William Heelas Way, Pigott Road, St Paul’s Gate and Rose Street, Denmark Street and Cockpit Path car parks
- Twyford – Station Road, Polehampton Close (East) permit holders’ car park
- Earley – Westminster Way, Maiden Place, Station Road car park
- Winnersh – Chatsworth Avenue
- Woodley – Wheble Drive, Pitford Road and Headley Road car parks
- Arborfield – Bramshill Close
- Finchampstead – Roycroft Lane
- Wargrave – Braybrooke Road
Wokingham Borough Council is grateful to Scottish and Southern Energy Networks (SSEN) and Volker Highways for supporting the installation works.
Apply for one on your street
Wokingham Borough Council is applying for more OZEV funding soon, so if you think your street could benefit then let Wokingham Borough Council know.