Online web chat for burglary prevention
Thames Valley Police will be hosting an online Burglary Q&A Forum for residents living across the Thames Valley tomorrow, Thursday 11 October between 7.30pm and 9pm.
A panel of detectives will be standing by to answer questions about burglary while providing crime prevention advice to help protect your property this winter.
to join in with the conversation.
If you are unable to join the web chat, Thames Valley Police recommend the following to help reduce the risk of becoming a victim of burglary:
• When going out, remember to light up your home using timer switches or a TV simulator.
• Don’t leave valuables or cash on display and store your house and car keys away from your letterbox.
• Move bins away from any side gates to prevent easy access into your property.
• Lock any tools away to prevent them being used to break into your home.
• Consider fitting a motion activated external light or installing a CCTV system.
• Finally, mark your valuables using a UV pen and register them on the national property register at www.immobilise.com.