Wokingham Borough residents can now choose to receive their Council Tax bills and/or benefit notifications online, instead of in the post
“Save time, do it online on your mobile, tablet or computer,” said Sarah Hollamby, the council’s director of locality and customer services. “You have instant access to your Council Tax details and can do a host of things 24/7 at a time that suits you. Online means you can action things instantaneously, do less damage to the environment because less paper is involved, and it gives you greater control on how you manage your financial affairs.”
Residents with an online Council Tax ‘My Account’ can:
- Switch to paperless billing
- Check their balance, see due instalments and payments received
- View bills online and print them if they wish
- Access issued reminders, final notices and summons
- See Council Tax Reduction claim information
- Update their personal details
- Tell us they are moving
- Set up a direct debit
- Apply for discounts and exemptions
- If they are a landlord, tell us about tenancy changes
- Search their Council Tax band
- Make a payment.
To sign up for an account, or opt-in to paperless e-billing for those already with an account, visit: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/council-tax/council-tax-payments/access-my-account/
Residents already receiving Housing Benefit/Council Tax reduction can:
- View their Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction notifications as soon as they are available and keep a copy on file
- Still have the choice to download and print their notifications
- Redistribute copies of their notifications quickly and electronically
- Avoid notifications being delayed in the post.
To sign up to receive e-notifications please visitwww.wokingham.gov.uk/benefits/housing-benefit/paperless-housing-benefit-and-council-tax-reduction-notifications/ and follow the instructions on how to register.