Grass cutting across the borough continues following socially distant guidelines
Wokingham Borough Council contractors Tivoli have continued to cut the grass across the Borough. Unfortunately, due to current circumstances in order to protect high risk employees, it has been challenging to keep staffing resource consistent. As such, grass cutting progress is currently running behind by up to two weeks in some places. Please note that this should not impact our parks and larger open spaces which are being prioritised to ensure that recreation space is available for exercise.
To catch up, Tivoli have increased their resource and have been working over weekends and overtime as well.
Most recently our contractors have:
· Completed cutting in Woodley, Winnersh, Shinfield, Swallowfield & Arborfield
· Commenced and continued cutting in Earley, Finchampstead & Wokingham Without. These areas will be completed over the next week
· Cut the larger parks across the Borough.
After the bank holiday weekend:
· Grass cutting will resume in Twyford, Hurst, Ruscombe and Wokingham
· Larger parks and open spaces will continue to be cut.
Please bear with the team as it works to catch-up. During this time, priority will be given to:
· Ensure local parks and open spaces are safe and accessible for permitted exercise and wellbeing
· Continue Grounds maintenance for vulnerable residents in sheltered housing providing them with outside space
· Assist other critical contracts where appropriate.
You can find further information on grass cutting on Wokingham Borough Council’s website at: http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/roads-and-outdoor-maintenance/trees-hedges-and-grass-cutting/grass-cutting/
To report an issue please raise this via our Customer Delivery team so this can be logged and monitored on our dynamics system and be directed straight to our contractor.
Please get in touch with Wokingham Borough Council via:
Phone: 0118 974 6000