Woodford Park Leisure Centre has launched new children’s sport activity camps for the Summer holidays. Attending structured sports activities has many benefits for children and even parents too.
Here’s a summary of ‘Top 5 facts’ on the importance of children’s organised activities:
1. Brain skills – healthy bodies create and support healthy minds, resulting in improved performance and concentration, as well as providing the opportunity to learn new skills.
2. Life skills – starting physical activity at an early age is more likely to follow through into early adulthood and beyond, creating a lifetime of fitness.
3. Social skills – structured activities encourage and develop social skills, creating the opportunity to make new friends outside of a school environment, meeting new people across the community.
4. Confidence skills – sports activities can help children to build their self-esteem as they learn to trust and thrive in their abilities, receive encouragement and praise and learn how to process constructive criticism.
5. Parent skills – parents are naturally happy to be able to send their children to organised, safe and fun activities, which can reduce stress levels and give parents the opportunity for time out, whether it’s for work, social or leisure time.
Spaces are limited and do book up quickly!
For more information, please visit the Centre, call 0118 9216969, or explore the website www.woodley.gov.uk