Thames Valley Police have issued a statement regarding increased burglaries in Woodley
Several burglaries have occurred during the early hours of Sunday 20th October into Monday 21st October across the Woodley area. Please can you review your CCTV, video doorbell or dash-cam footage between 00:00 and 05:30am and if there are any persons or vehicles acting suspiciously that may assist our investigation, please report this online at www.thamesvalley.police.uk or call the police non-emergency number 101.
Follow these tips to protect your property:-
• double lock your doors
• close and lock all windows
• keep all keys including car keys upstairs if possible, hidden and away from the letterbox or cat flap as a thief could hook keys or valuables through even a small opening
• make sure any valuables are out of sight
• consider storing high value items such as jewellery, watches, passports, credit cards, computer data and identification documents in a safe
• never leave car documents or ID in obvious places such as kitchens or hallways
• set your burglar alarm
• make sure all gates, including side gates, are locked
• lock your shed or garage
• in the evening, shut the curtains and leave lights on
• if you’re out all day, then it’s advisable to use a timer device to automatically turn lights and a radio on at night
If you do not want to speak directly to the police you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
For crime prevention tips and information, please visit our website www.thamesvalley.police.uk and download our free Home Security Guide.